In the 1920s, Ernest Holmes published the following statement of beliefs:
- I believe in God, the Living Spirit Almighty; one, indestructible, absolute and self-existent Cause. This One manifests itself in and through all creation, but is not absorbed by its creation. The manifest universe is the body of God; it is the logical and necessary outcome of the infinite self-knowingness of God.
- I believe in the incarnation of the Spirit in all, and that we are all incarnations of the One Spirit.
- I believe in the eternality, the immortality, and the continuity of the individual soul, forever and ever expanding.
- I believe that the Kingdom of Heaven is within me and that I experience this Kingdom to the degree that I become conscious of it.
- I believe the ultimate goal of life to be a complete emancipation from all discord of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.
- I believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost God is one God.
- I believe that God is personal to all who feel this indwelling Presence.
- I believe in the direct revelation of Truth through my intuitive and spiritual nature, and that anyone may become a revealer of Truth who lives in close contact with the Indwelling God.
- I believe that the Universal Spirit which is God, operates through a Universal Mind, which is the Law of God; and that I am surrounded by this Creative Mind which receives the direct impress of my thought and acts upon it.
- I believe in the healing of the sick through the power of the Mind.
- I believe in the control of conditions through the power of the Mind.
- I believe in the eternal Goodness, the eternal Loving-kindness and the eternal Givingness of Life to all.
- I believe in my own soul, my own spirit, and my own destiny; for I understand that the life I live is God.
Ernest Holmes – Founder of Religious Science, American Writer & Spiritual Teacher (Jan 21, 1887 – April 7, 1960)